StaSeal Premium Is Ideal For
- Plain concrete
- Pattern paving
- Stamped impression paving
- Stencil paving
- Exposed aggregate
- Spray on finish paving.
- Factory floors.
- Any absorbent masonry surface (consult our technical department).
- Available in 29 colours (colours may differ from final product).
- Excellent protection against discolouration and powdering of oxide colours.
- Eliminates surface dusting.
- Easy to apply.
- Weather- and water-proofs concrete.
- Matt and high gloss finishes are available by special order.
Surface should be clean and free of dust, grease, oil and other contamination.
- Remove Grease And Oil Stains: wet area with hot water then apply Bescon Cleanall scrub with a broom on and around area for a min of 5 minutes, keep moist at all times, DO NOT allow to dry, then rinse off. Repeat if necessary.
- Remove Tyre Marks: use Bescon Markz off as per application guidelines.
- Remove Moss Or Fungus: dilute bleach 1 to 10 parts water in a watering can, apply over the surface and allow to penetrate for a minimum of 2 hours. Rinse off using a high pressure water blast, repeat if necessary.
Prior to sealing, acid etching is highly recommended, to enable greater penetration of the sealer.
- Acid Etching: Wet concrete down prior to acid etching. Mix 1 part hydrochloric acid to 15 parts water into a watering can, apply evenly over the surface of the concrete. Do NOT allow the acid to dry. Thoroughly rinse off the surface to remove the acid solution. Allow to dry completely prior to Sealing. It is crucial that the surface is completely dry before applying the Sealer. Failure to do so could cause problems with adhesion.
- Previously Sealed Surfaces: Prior to sealing it’s advisable that a small area be tested for compatibility. Apply Bescon Solulene liberally and broom in vigorously, then leave to weather for a minimum 24 hours. If the test area fails, (flaking, cracking) then the old sealer should be stripped with Bescon Sealer Strippa. If the test area remains soft and tacky, then it is compatible.Apply Bescon Solulene liberally with a broom and work into the surface, then proceed with the sealing application guidelines.
Ensure the surface temperature is above 10 0 C and below 30C. Apply first and second coat evenly (without pooling).
- Textured Finished Surfaces: First coat apply diluted 4/5 litres Bescon Solulene per 20 litres StaSeal Premium. Second Coat apply undiluted.
- Smooth Finished Surfaces: First coat dilute equal parts of StaSeal premium and Solulene. Second coat apply undiluted, after minimum of 24 hours. The addition of 300/600gms Bescon Anti-Slip per 20 litres of StaSeal Premium in the final coat will reduce slipping and improve pedestrian safety. Stir frequently to ensure even coverage.
- Sealing Steep and Sloping Surfaces: is not recommended, as it reduces pedestrian and vehicle safety and can be very slippery in wet or dry conditions.
- Sealing In Summer: the addition of 2 litres Bescon Solulene in the final coat will help reduce blistering. Sealing early in the morning or late in the day is not recommended, due to early morning dew and night condensation. Sealer affected by moisture will lose gloss, adhesion properties and could have a white blooming appearance.